Ride Leaders will announce in the brief if the Drop-Off system is to be used. If numbers are low, the leader may decide to use the “Follow The Leader system”.
- With the Drop-Off system, every run has a Leader and a Sweeper.
- Leaders and Sweepers are volunteer guides, all ride at their own risk.
- Once under way, major deviations will be marked. Riders do not need to keep in sight of each other, enabling all to ride at their own speed.
- Deviations are marked through leaders indicating to the rider behind him/her to stop, thus marking the junction/roundabout exit, etc. Each marker must pull up safely and indicate the way to the group by hand.
- Once the last rider has come through the marked point, the marker watches out for the sweeper who will slow and indicate for the marker to rejoin the route before following him/her. The marker must then set off in a safe manner.
- Everyone in turn becomes the ‘marker’ if not leading or sweeping.
- Keep your headlight on (this makes it easy for ride leaders to see you)